Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Wine Bottle to Beach House Vase


While I'm not a huge wine drinker (particularly not in these past 39 weeks at all, haha!), I love all of the options that the use of its container provides! The list of projects you can make out of their corks is limitless, as are those you can make out of the bottles. In my case, I really liked the pale blue color of this particular wine bottle, so I wanted to do something that would still show bits of that color (which happens to be my favorite) and give it a sort of distressed feel. Using Modge Podge and square pieces of tissue paper, I simply applied a layer of Modge Podge bit by bit then covered the bottle in tissue squares before applying another layer. I repeated this process two more times in order to get the textured effect shown in the picture. Currently, I use it as a decorative flower holder displayed on my bannister.




http://webecoist.momtastic.com/2011/02/28/booze-it-up-13-rad-recycled-bottle-crafts-projects/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!