Thursday, June 7, 2012

Showered with Love (and Creativity)

I am including some pictures from one of my fantastic baby showers, hosted by my mom, @Jane Beaver, sister, @Kyra Tanner, sister-in-law, @Tiffany Beaver, and best friend, @ Tammie Gloss! These ladies put so much time and creativity into planning a fabulously handmade shower, and I could not have been more appreciative and honored. Claire and I are VERY lucky girls!!!


A view of the adorable shower tables, based on my nursery theme of birds and trees, fashioned by my awesomely creative mom, @Jane Beaver and sister, @Kyra Tanner

Favors were bags of delicious popcorn and labeled "Ready to Pop" Adorbs!!!

A view of the delicious popcorn-kettle corn drizzled with white (in this case, pink) and milk chocolate. Mmmm!!!

How cool is this? A cupcake tree made by the fabulous @Tiffany Beaver

Owl cookies made by my amazing BBFF (that would be "Baker Best Friend Forever") @Tammie Gloss

Tam also fashioned this AWESOME Elmo fruit tray (Elmo is my absolute favorite character from childhood and, let's be honest, adulthood, too)!

One of the shower games encouraged guests to cut apart pictures of my husband, Jason and myself and glue together what our child might look like using our "best features". Yikes! Let's hope life does not imitate art, because the "child" on the right is definitely rocking a MULLET!

More views of Baby Eyer...poor kid!

Another shower activity encouraged each guest to write a message on a puzzle piece, which eventually formed a large bird to be proudly displayed in baby's nursery. @Tiffany Beaver cut out the bird outline and each of the puzzle pieces using pink foam core and an Exacto knife! How amazing is she?!?!



Beautiful pram cover made by my Grandma Dalby, the original crafter of our family!



Very Hungry Caterpillar (one of my favorite children's books)-themed knitted hat and peapod, created by my fabulous aunt, @Patricia Beaver. Is this not the coolest thing you've ever seen?!?!?! Man, I love creative people!



Another amazing example of creativity! My cousin, @ Kristin Pastva created these awesome baby leggings by sewing together two, adult socks! If this baby is not the most fashion-forward chick in all of Pittsburgh, I'm not sure who is! Did I mention creative people are the best?!?!

  




2 comments:

  1. I am creative with using my Kohl's charge to be able to get you cute things.....ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!