Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Toodles Pillow


Derek's Toodles pillow-front view

Check out my Etsy Shop to purchase a Toodles pillow similar to the one shown!

When my sister-in-law, Jen asked me if I could make my nephew, Derek a Toodles pillow (based on the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse character), I immediately agreed that I would try. Little did she know, I had NO idea whether or not I could actually pull it off or how I would even begin! But, for Derek, I was sure willing to give it my all. I started by drawing out a Mickey head and ears on paper as a template then traced it onto two pieces of red felt. After cutting out the felt, I began to cut the pieces to be placed onto one piece of the red felt and (slowy but surely!) hand-stitched them on. I then cut out a half circle of red felt about the same size of  the head to create a pocket for Derek to put the extra pieces I would be making him into and pinned it to the red felt cutout opposite to the hand-stitched one. Placing the sides of the red felt that I wished to be the outside of the pillow together, I pinned the pieces and sewed along the edges, leaving about a 2 inch gap for stuffing. After turning the felt inside out, I stuffed it with Poly-fil and sewed the open edge shut. I then cut out purple, blue, green, and orange felt "wedges" that Derek would be able to manipulate on top of the Toodles pillow (You really must watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse to truly appreciate all of Toodles' accessories). Using iron-on decals, I printed a picture for each wedge and ironed each on to complete my pillow. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised at how the pillow turned out and was so happy to see the joy on my nephew's face when he opened it! Mission accomplished!!!

Note: I have made an Etsy-version of this pillow for purchase. Please visit my page HERE!!!



Pocket view
 
Toodles "accessories" for Derek to manipulate


The grateful birthday boy giving me the "extra large" hug!



18 comments:

  1. would you be willing to make and sell a second one?

    Charles Garman
    sgtgarman@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you be willing to make one and sell it?

    Danielle Wilson
    danielleddo6@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need one of these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WILL YOU MAKE ONE...respond with price ~~~~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! And you even made some sales!! Yay!!
    Thanks for linking up for WW :)

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you're making these to sell, I'd love to know a price! :o)
    tara.greenfield@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you selling these, my little boy is obsessed with toodles orlaken@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya are u still making these please ? As id love one for my little girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you still making these? Please let me know.

    sardoghh65@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Here is my Etsy link to purchase one of your own! https://www.etsy.com/listing/163744323/toodles-pillow?ref=sr_gallery_7&ga_search_query=Toodles&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

      Delete
  12. Can you please tell me how I can get the iron on transfers as I cannot find them anywhere online,thank you

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!