Thursday, October 25, 2012

Despicable Me Minion Costume


c

My inspiration, courtesy of http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/The_Minions




If you know me at all, you know that my sewing skills are limited and that following any sort of pattern is beyond my attention span! Needless to say, I would love to give you the step-by-step directions to my Despicable Me minion Halloween costume last year, but I sort of cut and sewed as I went along. Sorry! I can tell you that I purchased 2 yards of yellow felt, one yard of blue felt, 1/4 yard of white felt, 1/4 yard of black felt, 1 small piece of gray felt, and 1 small piece of brown felt, along with craft glue, and a sewing machine. In the simplest terms, I folded my yellow felt in half and cut the sides and bottom to fit my body. I then cut out a "U" shape at the top of the fold so that the costume would fit over my head and sewed from the bottom of each side, leaving room for arm holes near the top. I turned the costume inside-out (fortunately, with felt, there is no right-side/wrong-side) and layed it out on a flat surface. Looking very carefully at Google images of minions, I cut out all of the necessary pieces to fashion the face, overalls, and accessories and used fabric glue to adhere them to the costume. Not too shabby for a "no directions, day-before-the-party I was attending" costume, haha!



Posing in the finished costume, along with some costumed cuties



2 comments:

  1. Super cute! I've never see the movie, but I am impressed with your craftiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! You MUST see the movie! Its hysterical for kids and adults alike!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!