Saturday, July 6, 2013

Despicable Me Minion Popcorn Bucket

In celebration of Despicable Me 2, in theatres NOW, and the return of the MINIONS (who...in my humble opinion, are some of the best characters ever created), I've created a bucket resembling these adorable creatures to use for movie theatre popcorn, snacks, or simply to shovel sand on the beach. Whatever your mischievous little heart desires...

Materials:

-yellow, sand pail (I found mine at Michael's for a little over $1...Whoop!)
-felt (white, black, gray, red, and brown)-one sheet of each color is plenty and scraps will suffice for the red
 and brown parts if you've got 'em!)
-low-temp glue gun and glue sticks

Template:
(be sure to expand picture to 8.5"x11" size for correct sizing)



How-To:

1. Use templates above to cut out felt shapes in colors designated.
2. Determine which side of the pail you wish for the face of the minion to be and glue the white circle
    (eyeball) in the center of the side chosen. Be sure to glue only the middle of the circle, as you'll need to
    place the goggle straps under each side of it.
3. Glue one of the goggle straps behind the eye on one side and around to the middle of the opposing side of
    the pail. Do the same on the opposite side so that the straps connect in the middle. Cut off excess if the
    straps overlap.
4. Place the gray felt (goggle) on top of the white circle and glue down entirely
5. Glue the brown circle in the middle of the white circle.
6. Glue the black circle in the middle of the brown circle.
7. Glue the red tongue to the bottom of the black mouth.
8. Glue the teeth along the top of the black mouth.
9. Glue the entire mouth to the bottom of the bucket.




14 comments:

  1. TOOOO cute!! I so will have to make when we buy the movie. Stopping by from Piggy in Polka Dots.

    I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, and I LOVE new followers! Welcome, welcome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! Thank you for sharing at Party In Polka Dots!!!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea for a party or in our case, taking it to the movies to share popcorn in! You know they always want those expensive kids meals instead of sharing the family bucket...now they can have their own cool bucket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Catherine! And I kept the shovel attached for easy popcorn serving from bucket to bucket, haha! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. This is too cute! My grandkids would love it. Newest follower on Facebook & Pinterest

    Lori
    Lori's Culinary Creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaay for new followers! Thanks so much, Lori! Let me know if you do make them. I would love to see them!

      Delete
  6. This is so much fun! My boys would love to make them :) Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they do, Trish! Thanks so much for stopping over and pinning!!!

      Delete
  7. what a great idea! It's so cute... my kids would love a bucket like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to make these for Halloween buckets because my girls are going to be the Despicable Me girls.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!