Friday, July 26, 2013

"I Love You More Than" Chalkboard


And the chalkboard paint obsession continues...

Using a metal, serving tray I purchased at my local dollar store, chalk paint, and a silver sharpie, I created a hanging chalkboard to proclaim my love to my faves by comparing it to some of the greatest pairings the world over (ie-peanut butter & jelly, bagels & cream cheese, etc.). Not one for thinking inside-of-the-box, I would be remiss if I didn't also create some celebrity-related and silly analogies, as well (ie-"I love you more than" Sir Mix-A-Lot likes big butts, Kim Kardashian loves stupid baby names, Anthony Weiner loves camera phones, etc).

Spray two coats of chalkboard paint onto serving tray



Write "I love you more than" in silver Sharpie on the tray leaving plenty of room on the bottom to express your love in chalk.



Express your love in your best analogy


Get as creative as your little heart desires!

4 comments:

  1. Chalk board addict here:) Yours is super sweet. Pinned! I posted DIY Doily Jacket to Sew Can Do:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm with you, Michele! They need some kind of recovery group for addicts like us! I'm obsessed with turning everything I own into a chalkboard, haha! Thanks so much for pinning!!!

      Delete
  2. Awe!! This is SO cute!! I would have so much fun coming up with little "I love you more" thans! What a fun idea!

    I’d love it if you linked this up over at Living Well Spending Less for Thrifty Thursday this week! http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/category/thrifty-thursday/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just great..I'm still yet to master the art of spry paint since for some reason seems I get extreme migraines every time I attempt to be near one can! Loving the tray and the fun I love-s!...Sir Mix A Lot...LOL...you went old school with this one girl...Love It!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!