Saturday, May 5, 2012

Dream Fairies Wooden Plaque



On my most recent trip to Hobby Lobby (an AWESOME craft store that just arrived in Pittsburgh...Woot!), I found the most adorable item. In the wooden items section of the store, I came across a wooden plaque decorated to look like the entrance to a fairy castle and meant to hang in a room (and, in my case, my own future baby girl's nursery) for fairies to enter the room. Does it get cuter than that?

Plaque as sold at Hobby Lobby

Using colors similar to those that will be used in the baby's room, I used acrylic paints to decorate the plaque. I then used scrapbooking letter stickers to create the words "Dream Fairies Enter Here" surrounding the plaque. Finally, I sprayed the entire plaque with acrylic sealant and Wah-lah!!! More pictures to come when the nursery is completed, so STAY TUNED...




Fairy entrance for baby's room


7 comments:

  1. AWWW, that is so cute! I love the way you personalized it. Can't wait to see the rest of your nursery. :) I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cecilia! Nursery pictures are featured in another blog post. Here's the link: http://hoybycrafts.blogspot.com/2012/06/nursery-for-claire-bear.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG do I want this! Looks like I need to trek out to the nearest Hobby Lobby (45min drive) and find one for us. Thanks for sharing & linking to the Craftastic Monday party at Sew Can Do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for hosting, Cheryl! Make sure you call ahead to Hobby Lobby to make sure they're in stock, as they seem to sell quickly! If you don't have any luck, let me know, and I can snag you one! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. This looks awesome!!! We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/two-girls-and-a-party-linky-party-21/
    Live every Wednesday to Sunday.
    Hosted by:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/ Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    http://thissillygirlslife.com/ Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life
    We hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the invite! I'm all linked up!

      Delete

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!