Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Baby Tutu for Monthly Photos


Cutest little model I ever did see!

The inspiration for this project was an adorable sticker pack called "Sticky Bellies" that I found at Hobby Lobby ($9.99 for a pack of 12/ $6 if you've got one of their 40% off coupons)! In the package, colorful stickers are labeled 1-12 months and meant to be displayed on baby's onesie or shirt for monthly pictures. A picture of an adorable baby girl wearing a Sticky Belly on a shirt and a sweet, little tutu gave me the perfect idea for the ensemble my baby girl could eventually wear. I have seen instructions for and pictures of adorable ribbon and tulle tutus that I have been meaning to make for what seems like forever now. I went to my local Wal-Mart and bought 1 yard each of brightly colored blue, pink, purple, and green tulle, along with polka-dot, pink ribbon and followed the directions I found online through the website indicated below (keeping in mind I measured the ribbon according to baby's potential waist and height adding lots of extra so that it expands as she does; the directions call for a larger child's dimensions):



A view of the entire skirt...I may add more tulle pieces to fluff it up a bit





Bonus pic of a Steelers tutu I made for my little munchkin (please pray she doesn't hate me some day for making her wear all these flippin tutus!)

2 comments:

  1. Just added a pic of Claire modeling her tutu. Cutest model ever, if I do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just added a pic of Claire modeling her tutu. Cutest model ever, if I do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!