Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Nursery for Claire Bear



It is hard to believe that, in just a few short weeks, our baby girl will be here to meet us! On one hand, it feels like just yesterday that my husband and I discovered we were pregnant! On the other hand, I am going MAD waiting to see who she looks like and which features of mine and my husband's she bears. I can't wait to dress her up in the adorable outfits my relatives and friends spoiled her with, take her for walks in her stroller, and even change a gazillion diapers per day and comforting her on restless nights. Mostly, I just can't wait to have her in my arms and call her my own.

Needless to say, I have been desperately trying to keep busy in any way possible. Here is proof of my busy-ness in the form of pictures of  Claire's room! Enjoy!!!

My amazingly artistic sis-in-law, @Tiffany Beaver painted the tree and I added fabric leaves and birds to match the crib bedding. We're hoping  baby Claire comes out with lots of hair so that she can put the owl barette holder to the right of the tree to good use!

I painted the wooden letters to match Claire's bedding and hot-glued them to ribbon. Each end of the ribbon was then tied around a nail in the wall and covered with fabric-covered, wooden birds.
This plaque was featured in a blog post about a month ago, and we have finally found a home for it in Claire's room



Can't wait to put this glider to very good use. Notice the beautiful afghan on the glider, made by my fabulous mommy, @Jane Beaver!

Bird puzzle completed by shower guests assembled and displayed in baby's room. Love it!!!

For those of you who don't know me, I am obsessed with the use of Scrabble tiles in craft projects! I am passing on this obsession to my child!



Since Claire's cousins all live hours away, I decided to incorporate them into her room for her to think of them fondly when she can't see  them. Each one used their hand or footprints to create an adorable little character to add to her nursery decor! Also of note is the adorable picture frame to the left of the windowsill made by my aunt, @Julie Heckman and featuring the 3-D ultrasound pic of Claire!



A closeup of Alison's and Camdyn's nursery contributions-a birdie and an owl

Royce's, Derek's, and Adrienne's creative contributious-a butterfly, a frog, and a bouquet of flowers


4 comments:

  1. Love this room and all the beautiful accessories!!!! Can't wait to see my new Great Niece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rene! We are soooo excited for her to be here! Hopefully sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!!! We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/two-girls-and-a-party-link-up-22/
    Live every Wednesday to Sunday.
    Hosted by:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/ Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    http://thissillygirlslife.com/ Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life
    We hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!