Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Mustache 1st Birthday Bash


The sweet, handsome birthday boy



My sweet nephew turned one in September, and it has taken me until now to take the time to edit, post pics, and give this post the props it deserves. The theme of this particular party was "Mustache Bash!" I mean, does it get more amazeballs than that?!?! Here are some handmade highlights from the partay-hey!




Here's the cutie patootie birthday boy, himself in his "throne." My sissybabes ordered his onesie (complete with mustache tie on the front and "Well, if you (mustache) I'm ONE!" on the back) from Etsy.


Royce also had a mustache-shaped cake that he (obviously, from the picture just below) made quick work on chowing down!



The rest of the guests got to nosh on cupcakes embellished with...you guessed it...mustaches, courtesy of my Cricut machine and the "Mustaches and Glasses" cartridge and toothpicks


My sister had been dying to purchase personalized M&M's and couldn't resist buying them for her little man's big day. If you look closely, you will see that the candies are labeled with a mustache, the phrase "Royce is ONE!!!" and his sweet little face! You KNOW you're big time when your face is on candy, am I right???


This might have been my favorite mustache-ification of this party. We used a contraption found online called a "Crustache," which cuts one sandwich into three superb mustache shapes. Who woulda thunk? In the case of Royce's party, the little ones were able to enjoy their ham & cheese and pb&j sammies in style!




Using mustache duct tape (man, I love that stuff), water bottles were wrapped to match the theme

My crazy aunts, mama, and grandparents participating in Photo Booth funsies

Certainly, the most entertaining portion of the party was the photo booth. Mustaches and other assorted props were displayed for people to use and pose for the camera that had been set up on a tripod. Good times!!!


Even my little munchkin was not immune to mustachery!



12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! i love mustaches! What a fun party idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our babies look so small!!!!
    I can't wait for your post on Miss Claire's party in a few months!!
    And hey! Yay! For new followers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the photo booth!! Adorable! Visiting from Take-A-Look Tuesday! Come by my blog and link this party up!

    http://www.piggyinpolkadots.com/2013/04/party-in-polka-dots-link-party-19.html

    Hope to see your cute party there!!

    Shelley

    www.piggyinpolkadots.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer-somehow, I am just now seeing your comment, or I would've responded sooner! This party was so much fun to help plan, and my sister had been collecting ideas for months before the party, haha! Kyra-They're growing up too fast!!! How do we make it stop??? Shelley-We had SO much fun with the photo booth! I have just linked up! Love the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too darn cute, I love it!!! I haven't seen anything like this before! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    Be sure to check out my co-hosting 'Like Me' on Facebook live today at http://www.busymomshelper.com/2013/04/like-me-on-facebook-wednesday-with_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Danielle! It was totally my sister's brain child, I just helped! It is unbelievable how much mustache stuff is out there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I invite you to join me tonight! 8:30 p.m. Mountain time for the Share it With Us Saturday link party. Come Share some of your new posts at the party, link up all weekend long. I would love to have you!www.greatastestuesdays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable! Great job! Just stopped by from the Gingerbread Blog to check out your fun party and to follow your blog. I hope you'll return the follow!

    Christine @ http://idigpinterest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!! Thanks so much for stopping by Do Something Crafty Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute birthday bash! Love it! I would love for you to come link up to my party and follow along! http://alivedinhome.blogspot.com/2013/04/get-social-sunday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for the sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!