Monday, April 22, 2013

Chalkboard Coasters

coaster, chalk, chalkboard paint, chalkboard, mustache, heart, star, flower

My current craft obsesh is chalkboard paint, and I have been using every excuse imagineable to use it on every item under the sun (some are successful projects, while others are epic fails...either way, good times)! In the case of this project, I can't wait to use these sweet coasters for guests at our next sha-bang! Now I just need to find an excuse to have a party...

Here's my tutorial for these amazeballs chalkboard coasters!

Materials:

-coasters (I bought mine in a pack of 6 for $1 at my local craft store)
-chalkboard spray paint
-shape stencils or vinyl (I used my Cricut machine to cut out shapes in adhesive vinyl)
-spray paint of any color
-drop cloth or old sheet
-chalk
coaster, chalk, chalkboard paint, chalkboard, mustache, heart, star, flower










Instructions:

1. Place coasters onto drop cloth outside or in a well-ventilated space

2. Spray two coats of chalkboard paint onto both sides of coasters

3. After paint is dry, adhere stencils to coasters. I chose a variety of shapes but am particularly partial to the mustache!

coaster, chalk, chalkboard paint, chalkboard, mustache, heart, star, flower

4. Return coasters to drop cloth and spray two coats of spray paint  onto the front and back of each coaster (I chose gray because I had it on hand).


5. After the paint dries, carefully peel off stencils.


coaster, chalk, chalkboard paint, chalkboard, mustache, heart, star, flower

6. Use chalk to label or design coasters in any way your lil' heart desires. I labeled mine according to the peeps using them at the time. Enjoy!

coaster, chalk, chalkboard paint, chalkboard, mustache, heart, star, flower

12 comments:

  1. You are just tooooooo talented!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rene-you could totally make these yourself! But thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and this would make for a great gift as well! Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Not Just a Housewife :)

    RamblingReed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for perusing! Loooove your blog, by the way!!!

      Delete
  4. Super cute idea! Thanks for linking up to my party! Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So creative!! I love it! I hope you link this week- http://atozebracelebrations.com/2013/04/tuesday-link-party-5.html
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Nancy! I will definitely be linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever idea! This would work so well for stocking stuffers or other gift ideas.
    Toodles,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I've always wanted to try chalkboard paint. Your coasters are really cute! Newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun!

    I would love for you to link up at the Mommy Archive - we're focusing this week on all the amazing things you can do with chalk board, Alice x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!