Saturday, May 25, 2013

Piano Bench to Patio Seating



Despite the ridiculous weather, it is the most incredible feeling to know that summer is upon us which, for me, means a few things...school's out, pool's open, and I get to spend all day, every day with my little munchkin doing whatever our little hearts desire! Can I get a whoop whoop?!?! I've had an old piano bench from my brother sitting in my garage for months and, in preparation for days spent outside on my patio, I decided it was finally time to convert it to an outdoor bench. My future plan involves an upheaval of my current patio furniture (or lack therof) using the fabric I used in this bench as the running theme, so stay stuned for more...

Here's how I turned an old piano bench into some snazzy, outdoor seating...


Comfy and inexpensive (2 of my fave words!)

Materials:

-Piano bench
-Indoor/outdoor spray paint (I used Rust-oleum American Accents
 paint in "London Grey
-Drop cloth
-Foam roll
-Outdoor fabric
-Fabric scissors
-Staple gun and staples



Instructions:

1. Sand piano bench

2. Place the bench onto drop cloth and spray on two coats of paint  
    (you do not need to paint the top of the bench, as it will be
    covered)


3. Cut foam roll to fit the top of the bench



4. Once paint is dry, place foam on top of bench

5. Cut fabric to fit top of bench, leaving four inches on each end to
    tuck and secure with staples

6. Place fabric on top of cushion, securing the excess fabric on the
    underside of the bench top using the   
    staple gun.


Excuse the ragged edges. They have since been trimmed, I promise. I currently use the storage for bubbles and small toys when we play outside!





3 comments:

  1. Great idea and I love the fun stripes!
    I'm visiting you today from Sugar Bee. I co-host a Linky Party Tuesday (open thru Sat) and I'd love for you to link up! I hope you get a chance to stop by, link up and leave a comment, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Join me each Tuesday for Brag About It Link Up Party

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Megin! I am all linked up! Thanks for the invitation :0)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!