Friday, July 3, 2015

Minnie's Bowtique Birthday Party

 
I know I say this every year, but how in the world is my baby girl three years old?!?!? Seriously...where has the time gone??? Claire is the sweetest, spunkiest little girl ever and has taught me so much more than I can ever possibly imagine teaching her. She made me a mother and continues to make me strive to be a better human being every single day. Words will never be able to express my love and amazement for her! Ok, before I start bursting into tears, here are the details of her Minnie Mouse Bowtique-themed birthday party that we recently threw for her. Have I mentioned I love any excuse for a themed party???

 
I found the cutest, matching, Minnie outfits for Claire and her sister, but A- it was SO cold for our outdoor party (at the end of June, mind you), that we had to cover Claire's up with a hoodie and leggings and B-baby sister pooped all over her adorable outfit moments before the party began. Never a dull moment in my life! Thank goodness for the cute headbands!
 
 
No birthday is complete without a good, birthday banner! I used the Mickey Cricut cartridge for the bows and the Alphalicious cartridge for the letters. The bows were glued to purple ribbon and hung in front of the backdrop I purchased at Wal-Mart.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Mickey Cricut cartridge came in handy tremendously for these gift bags, which I made using black bags purchased at Hobby Lobby and attached a bow and ears created by the Cricut. The hair bows were far too girly for the boys at this party, so I simply made theirs bowties and they got the "Mickey-version" gift bags.
 
 
My sister created the adorable Mickey heads using small and large Styrofoam balls, which I placed into cylinder vases with pink and purple paper shred. Word to the wise, do NOT try to spray paint Styrofoam!!! It will shrivel and die, which is no bueno! Instead, use a foam brush and acrylic paint. You won't regret it! I also used black and white, Gerber daisies and placed them in vases with paper shred for extra funsies!
 
 
How cute is this cake?!?! A friend of the family created this adorable confection of deliciousness for the big day!
 
I created this door hanger to greet party guests as they entered using a cardboard number, acrylic paint, and paper (and yes, the ears and bow were also created using the Mickey Cricut cartridge. Thanks so much for noticing!). And maybe its just the teacher in me, but I strongly think that chalkboards make everything better...Hence the chalkboard sign greeting guests as they entered the party!
 
 

 
 

  

 
 


 Happy 3rd birthday, my love!!!


 

 
 
 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!