Thursday, October 6, 2011

Washcloth Boo Boo Bunny

A child's BFF
“If a boo-boo has you feeling crummy,
Stick an ice cube in my tummy.
Hold it to your boo boo tight,

Soon everything will be all right!”
I was first introduced to boo-boo bunnies when my siblings and I were in preschool. My sister’s classroom teacher made them for all of her students, and, as soon as one came to our house, the fighting immediately ensued. We could not get enough of it and, despite the fact that it was simply a washcloth decorated and folded in a way that made it look like a rabbit that could hold an ice cube, it “magically cured” any minor scrape or bruise acquired where other healing remedies failed. Now, the boo-boo bunny legacy lives on, as I have been making them with and for my preschool students, Girl Scouts, nieces and nephews, and any child I have remote contact with! If you are not familiar with boo-boo bunnies, you’re in for a real TREAT! It’s easy for kids to make (with a little adult help with tying and perhaps rubber-banding). Here are the steps to make your own “magically healing” bunny!

The best (and most visually helpful) instructions I have found for making Boo-Boo Bunnies


2 comments:

  1. You've never seen these??? Oh my gosh, I will have to send one your way!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!