Sunday, May 4, 2014

Mother's Day Handprint and Poem


For those of you who know my hubby, you are probably already aware of the fact that he does not have a crafty bone in his body. That's why I loooooove this frame he created for me on my first Mother's Day last year! Somehow he managed to wrangle an almost-one-year-old, trace her hand, type out an adorable poem to go along with it, and place it in a frame. I especially love all of the imperfections (have you ever seen a thumb so small??? Haha!), as it reminds me of my sweet and spunky, little girl and makes me appreciate all of the work and effort my husband put into getting her to sit (somewhat) still and make this gift that I will treasure for the rest of my life!


Normally, when I take pictures of something, I like to make sure everything is cleaned and there are no smudges to speak of, but in this case, I love the smudges and fingerprints all over this frame! It just seemed fitting to keep them exactly as they are!
The poem is difficult to read, but it states...

"Sometimes you get discouraged, because I am so small
and always leave my handprints on furniture and walls
But every day I'm growing. I'll be grown some day.
and all those tiny handprints will surely fade away.
So here's a little handprint just so you can recall
exactly how my fingers looked when I was small."

I don't know that any mother's day will be as amazing as my first, but being a mommy is absolutely the best gift I could ever imagine receiving, and I intend to celebrate it every day of the year!

Wishing all the mommies, stepmommies, grandmas, greatgrandmas and beyond a very 
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!