Thursday, July 24, 2014

Chalkboard Frisbee-Air Mail


I'm taking part in an awesome Kids' Crafts Summer Camp series, courtesy of Randi and her blog Sowdering About, along with a crew of other, awesome bloggers. Given four choices of possible materials, I immediately chose "chalkboard," as I have a bit of an obsession with EVERYTHING chalky! One of my favorite summer activities is tossing a frisbee. Its the perfect summer toy...you can take it anywhere easily, play with it in large and small groups, and adults, kids and pets alike love them! Pair that with the fact that I found Americana's clear chalkboard coating on my most recent trip to Michael's, which allows any painted object to become a chalkboard, and I've found my project! In a few, short steps, kids can transform their frisbees into chalkboard score keepers, message boards, and anything their little, creative hearts desire! Here's how...


Materials:

-frisbee
-acrylic paint
-clear chalkboard coating
-chalk
-wet paper towel


Instructions:

1. Paint a thin layer of acrylic paint on the top of the frisbee. After the paint has dried, paint 1-2 additional coats of acrylic paint.


2. Once the acrylic paint has completely dried, paint a layer of clear, chalkboard coating over the acrylic paint. 


3. Once the coating has dried completely, it is time to start writing! I found that chalk markers work more successfully than regular chalk, but both are   
    options. Use the chalk to keep score, write messages, and tell jokes (just to name a few).


Chalk can be removed with a sponge or wet paper towel, which will dry very quickly for reuse!


I would LOVE to see pictures of the chalkboard frisbees you create and all of the creative ways you've come up with to use them! Here's hoping this is your best summer yet!!!


Check out the rest of the Campers for this Summer Craft Camp!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!