Saturday, July 5, 2014

Elmo Birthday Party

My baby girl is 2!!! How did that even happen?!?! When people tell you to cherish every moment because children grow up so quickly, I don't think I ever realized just how true that statement was until I had a child of my own! In celebration of the big day, we held a big, Elmo-themed party for family and friends in my mom's backyard. Here are some of the fun pics and projects created for the party...


The cake table, complete with delicious Elmo cake, party hats, piñata, favor bags and candy boxes


My sweet, birthday girl! I created an iron-on transfer that was placed onto a shirt she already had and added a cute little fabric flower for extra flair!


My husband won me this ginormous Elmo at Cedar Point when we were dating, so I decided to use it to welcome guests to the party!


Looove this Elmo wreath! Check out the tutorial to make one for yourself HERE!


A family friend created this absolutely adorable Elmo cake, which was devoured by party guests!


If I had a nickel for every white and orange circle I cut out in preparation for this party...haha! I added them to red bags I found at the Dollar Tree for favor bags...


...and these birthday hats, which were regular hats found at the Dollar Tree and covered in red construction paper...


...and this game of "Pin the Nose on the Elmo"...



...and these red cups!!!


Party City sells this adorable, pull-string, Elmo piñata---way more appropriate for a two-year-old's party than the typical whack-and-grab type!


The kiddos had a great time taking turns pulling the strings, beginning with the youngest first!


Chowing down on her birthday grub and modeling her Elmo hair clip, made using felt and pinking shears, google eyes and black, paint pen.

Love this little munchkin sooooo much! Bring on the terrible two's!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous party and so glad we were able to be there!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!