Tuesday, September 24, 2013

$3 Cupcake Stand



Who doesn't love a $3 craft project that takes about 10 minutes to complete? Ah, simplicity! As much as I love a good, hearty craft project, its always nice to throw a super simple one into the mix.  This one takes the (cup)cake, as far as super simple projects go (enter drum set, buh dum bum!). The project involves two, glass plates (you could really use any plates you have around the house, but I loved the look of these clear plates, purchased at my local dollar store) and a candlestick (also $1, Whoop!).

Here are the deets!


Materials:

-2 plates
-candlestick
-epoxy (I used my fave...E6000)


Instructions:

1. Spread a thin layer of glue around the bottom rim of the candlestick and adhere to the inside of one of the plates.

2. Spread another thin layer of epoxy around the top rim of the candlestick and place the bottom of the        
    second plate on top, being careful to make it centered and avoid the bottom plate moving.


3. Give the plates and candlestick at least 24 hours to dry completely.




Mmmmmm...cupcakes! I was able to fit 12 panda cupcakes on this stand for Claire's first birthday party, but I suppose you could add another layer of candlestick and plate for an additional tier! Afterall, you can never have too many cupcakes!!!

...Although my waistline would beg to differ!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!