Saturday, October 26, 2013

Breast Cancer Awareness Jewelry

October is filled with so many exciting things...leaves changing colors, Halloween, candy, parties, pumpkin-flavored everything, the list goes on and on. In fact, October becomes so chaotic at times that we have to remind ourselves that it is also breast cancer awareness month. Unfortunately, my aunt Debbie needed no reminders that October brings added awareness to the evil that is breast cancer, as she received her diagnosis of an agressive form of Stage 1 breast cancer early on in the month. If I know my sweet aunt, I have no doubt she will fight this battle with determination, class, and quiet strength, just like she handles every obstacle that has ever come her way.

My school recently held a Spaghetti dinner, in which each classroom was asked to donate a raffle basket. For my classroom, our basket theme was a no-brainer. In our "Be Aware" basket, we included a pink journal, shoelaces, scarf, t-shirts, cup, keychain, and tote bag, along with the bracelet and earrings set and necklace shown in the pictures. This one's for you, Deb! We love you and have absolute faith that you will fight and win this battle.

For more information on breast cancer, please visit THIS SITE!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!