Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Gourd Monsters



Fall is by far my favorite season, so (as you may have noticed) I go a little nutty with my classroom crafts at that time! One of my classroom aides brought in a bunch of gourds she had picked from her garden, in the hopes that the students could do something with them. Enter GOURD MONSTERS! Using a variety of art materials, we let the students take the lead in designing their monsters. They started by painting them using whatever colors their little hearts desired and, before the paint dried, added googly eyes and pompoms. After the paint had dried and all other items had adhered, we allowed some of the students to stick pipe cleaners into the gourds and bend and curl them for added pizazz!!! Tah-Dah...a quick and easy fall craft that the kiddos will LOVE!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!