Sunday, January 19, 2014

"Let's Stick Together" Valentines


While I am grateful that my hubby and I are able to save money by not having to pay for childcare for Claire Bear (I work days as a teacher and he works nights and Saturdays in a restaurant), I am TOTALLY bummed (craft nerd alert) that she has no little daycare friends she can share valentines with! I currently can't stop browsing all of the adorable, valentines on the web and have brainstormed about a dozen ideas of my own; but, alas, I won't be trying all of them out on dozens of little munchkins and must narrow down those ideas to Claire's five cousins, which we will send in the mail, as none of them are local (sad face). Good thing she is only 1 1/2 and really couldn't care less about how awesome her mom's handmade valentines are, haha! Its the thought that counts...

Here are the valentines I made for Claire's girl cousins using some super fun Velcro rings and ball party favors I recently picked up.

Materials:

-Velcro ring and ball party favors (I found mine at my local dollar store)
-printer/paper
-scissors
-cardstock
-double-sided tape
Instructions:

1. Print out Valentine messages HERE
2. Cut out heart and adhere to cardstock in color of your choice. Trim cardstock to your liking
3. Use scissors or Exacto kmife to cut 2" slit in the middle of the card
4. Insert Velcro ring into the slit. Place tape on the back of the card to adhere.

6 comments:

  1. How fun! This is an adorable idea for a valentine! Thank you for sharing it! Now following you!
    Sheena @ http://thekeeperofcheerios.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sheena! Glad you like it! Stay tuned for lots more (I think I have a problem, haha!) Looking forward to checking out your blog and following back :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I do love a good valentine pun! These are really fun and so inexpensive if you want to make quite a few. My kids are too old to want to give lots of valentines that I make now :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I'm such a sucker for a play on words, haha! I can send you my address if you're really itching to send a valentine out to someone ;)

      Delete
  3. How cute! Thank you for sharing this with Show Your Stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!