Friday, June 13, 2014

Father's Day Mug from Child


Due to the fact that I am probably one of the biggest craft nerds on the planet, it should really come as no surprise that I want to encourage my daughter (and hopefully future children) to participate in as many craft projects as possible. The problem??? Its VERY difficult to find craft projects that are suitable for her toddler attention span AND non-toxic, as she has a pension for eating non-food items! After some brainstorming of potential handmade items I could have her make for Father's Day, I decided upon a mug featuring all of the funny, toddler phrases our little munchkin uses on a regular basis that she could decorate and present to daddy on Sunday. Here are the steps we took to do so...

Materials:

-mug (I purchased mine at my local Dollar Tree)
-Sharpie markers in various colors
-oven

Instructions:

1. Create initial message on mug in black, permanent marker.


2. Heat set the message by placing in the oven for 40 minutes at 275°.


3. Once the mug has completely cooled, have child decorate the mug using various colors of permanent marker (with complete supervision, I might  
    add!). This is also the time when I added quotes to the mug!

4. Heat set the mug a final time for 40 minutes at 275°.


And now for some merciless touting of what an amazing husband and father Jason is and how unbelievable fortunate Claire and I are to have him in our life! We love you soooo much!

Happy Father's Day to all of the incredible fathers out there!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!