Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pipe Cleaner Fireworks



This week, I have the extreme pleasure of joining up with Emily of Nap-Time Creations, along with lots of other amazing bloggers to present a huge assortment of summer fun activities, recipes, DIY's, etc. Please hop on over to the blogs and projects featured at the end of this post for all of the amazing ideas!

Ahhhh, summer! How do I love thee? Let me count the degrees! School is out, pool is open, and picnics are upon us! If that's not enough, summer also brings with it the celebration of the amazing country in which we live! And fireworks...So. Many. Fireworks! I mean, really, is there anything cooler than watching an array of colors, light, sparkles, and noise explode above you? I think not! Here is a fun way to get the kiddos involved in the excitement of the approaching Fourth of July by creating some cute and simple fireworks of their own...
Materials:

*red, sparkly, pipe cleaners (2-3 per firework)
*blue, sparkly, pipe cleaners (2-3 per firework)
*scissors

Instructions:

1. Cut 2 red and 2 blue pipe cleaners in half. Place all pieces into one bundle so that the ends line up.

2. Using a small piece of another pipe cleaner (about 4"), wrap it around the middle of the bundle, securing all pipe cleaners in place.

3. Pull each piece of the bundled pipe cleaners apart and in various directions to form a firework.
4. Adjust pipe cleaners so that they are spread somewhat evenly in all directions.

The options for these little creations are truly limitless. I am currently using mine to embellish the Fourth of July display in my home. Here are some other suggestions to use to celebrate your American pride:


*Place on your table as decoration for Fourth of July dinners and picnics
*Use as place card holders
*Wrap them around dowel rods and place in a vase for a cute and patriotic centerpiece
*Give as gifts to friends, teachers and family members with a tag that reads "You're a real firecracker!"
*Tie fishing wire around them and hang for added sparkle


GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!


Summer fun 3
Pottery Barn Knock off Pillow by For What Its Worth
Pipe Cleaner Fireworks by Hoyby Crafts
Indoor Summer Fun Ideas by Alex Haralson on Nap-Time Creations
Check out the fun posts from last week: Summer Fun part 2
Banana Pudding Pops by Ginger Snap Crafts on Nap-Time Creations
Tin Can Lanterns by About a Mom
Crabby Onesie by My Mom Made That

7 comments:

  1. so cute!! I can't wait to make these with my boys... thanks for joining my series! Spreading the word around social media ;o) Emily@nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the opportunity, Emily! This is so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! I would be honored if you would hop over and share with us at the Tip Me Tuesday 4th of July linky.
    (http://www.tipjunkie.com/post/4th-of-july-crafts-and-recipes-add-yours/)
    Wink~ Laurie {aka The Tip Junkie}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Laurie! I love love LOVE your site! I am all linked up and loving all of the fabulous ideas posted!

      Delete
  4. These are super cute!! You did a great job! We did something similar last year but used them with paint to make fireworks on paper! I would love it if you joined our linkup party this week! http://www.sowderingabout.com/search/label/Awesome%20Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Randi! I LOVE the idea of using them with paint for firework prints! I might have to do that asap! I'm all linked up!

      Delete
  5. Fun! Thanks so much for linking up last week at Creative Spark Link Party! Hope you stop by again today! http://bit.ly/1vvIGjo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!