Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Children's Craft-Panda Visor






Make new friends, but keep the old (sing it if you know it!) one is silver and the other’s gold. As a child/teenager, I had the privilege (yes, privilege!) of being a Girl Scout for 13 years. Scouting allowed me to meet people from all walks of life, try activities I would never have tried otherwise, perform community service projects for those less fortunate than myself and experience the joy of giving back, and travel around the country and world (That’s right, kids..my troop went on a two-week journey to London and Paris!). About a year and a half ago, I decided that it was time for me to start giving back to the Girl Scout program. I met up with someone from my local council and, before I knew it, I was the new troop leader of a Daisy (Kindergarten-1st grade) troop!

One of the events held by the council was Thinking Day, which teaches the girls about Girl Scouts and Girl Guides in other countries. We were asked to represent a specific country at this event, so our troop chose China. With one week to plan and zero kimonos in my possession, one of the moms suggested having the girls dress like pandas…Done! I told the girls to wear a black and white outfit of their choosing and simply decorated white visors with black, hardened felt, and a black Sharpie to transform them from girls to China’s most well-beloved animal!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!