Sunday, February 16, 2014

Mickey Mouse Gift Bucket

My sweet nephew, Royce is obsessed (actually...what do you call the level beyond obsessed??? He's that!) with Mickey Mouse and the entire Clubhouse gang, so I knew I would need to theme his birthday gift accordingly. After purchasing Mickey-themed letters to spell his name and making him a Toodles pillow, I just needed a container in which to put these gifts. I found a cute, red bucket at the Dollar Tree and jazzed it up using felt and a low-temp, glue gun to make a personalized, Mickey Mouse gift container that can be used again and again! I'm also including a printable for you to use to make one of your very own. Here's how...

Materials

-red bucket
-straight pins
-yellow, black and white felt sheets
-fabric scissors
-low-temp glue gun-glue sticks
-adhesive felt letters
Instructions

1. Print out template, cut out shapes and pin to coordinating felt sheets

2. Using a low-temp glue gun, glue buttons to the middle of the bucket, about an inch apart.
3. Glue feet to the bottom of the bucket so that they are sticking out about 3" beyond the bucket
4. Glue ears to top of bucket so that 3-4" of felt stick up above the bucket
5. Adhere letters to top rim of bucket. Using a black, permanent marker, draw four "button holes" in the middle of each button.

From start to finish, this project took me about 20 minutes. How awesome is that?!?! Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I like easy projects that you know the littles will love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! My boys would LOVE this!!! Thanks so much for linking up at Hit Me with Your Best Shot! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being such a wonderful hostess, Abby! You live in Pittsburgh, right? Me too! I'm in Greentree!

      Delete

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!