Monday, July 11, 2011

Broadway-themed Hanging Wall Quotes


Broadway Quotes Wall Decor

Second to my love of crafts (which is second to my love for family and friends, of course) is my love of show tunes and the Broadway stage. I can’t get enough of Broadway shows, original cast cd’s, Glee, the Tony’s, etc. The cheesier and more unrealistically romantic and moving, the better! As a result, I decided to take some of my favorite excerpts from Broadway songs and post them onto canvases to use as décor in our house. I originally attempted to use pastel crayons on small canvases, but didn’t like the way they looked, so I decided to go a different route. I typed the necessary quotes into Microsoft Word, inverted the text and printed them onto iron-on transfers, which were ironed onto felt that I stretched and glued over the mini canvases. I then placed the canvases into a French memo board and posted them on the wall. They may eventually become transplanted into matted frames, but this set up looks great for now. Now, every time I walk into the room where they are posted, they put a smile on my face (and a show tune I can’t get rid of in my head)!


(From top to bottom: "Funny Girl," "Miss Saigon," "Rent," and "Wicked" quotes





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!