Sunday, July 17, 2011

Onesies Decorated Using Iron On Transfers


Onesies for Baby Boy Tanner

Although I don’t have any kids of my own (yet), I am no stranger to all things baby. I grew up with baby cousins, worked in daycares and now have nieces, nephews, and second cousins I love and adore. One thing I can’t understand is the price of cleverly-worded onesies! I mean, the kiddo wears it a few times and if he or she doesn’t ruin it with food, spit up, or other fluids, it is worn a few more times and grown out of. My solution??? Buy a five pack of onesies at Target for around $7.00 and buy iron-on transfers to come up with my own. Using (non-copyrighted) images found, clip art, and Microsoft Word Art, I was able to come up with five onesies and a bib for my sister’s baby boy, scheduled to arrive in September.  Word to the wise: Make sure you invert any and all letters before printing onto iron-on transfer paper or it will show up BACKWARDS on your onesie. (You would think making the mistake once would force me to always make sure I did it correctly but, uh, not so much!)

My sister's maiden name is "Beaver," hence the bib
Guess whose parents are Republicans???
Helping mommy and daddy to look on the bright side of late night feedings and diaper changes
 
Because even the littlest gentleman need to be fancy from time to time
Added Bonus Onesie: I should also mention that we also made a long-sleeved shirt for my brother’s baby, Camdyn, with the message “Auntie Kyra and Uncle Michael are bringing me a COUSIN” to announce my sister’s pregnancy news to my grandparents, aunts, and uncles. While Camdyn was NOT a huge fan of her extra outfit change, the announcement was a HUGE success!
Camdyn "enjoying" her announcement onesie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!