Saturday, July 9, 2011

Welcome!!!

Silver three-strand necklace with blue fabric rosettes
My name is Shannon Eyer. I am a special education teacher by profession and a huge craft NUT by hobby. I recently celebrated my 30th birthday around the same time my husband and I moved ourselves and our eight-month old golden retriever "puppy," Reese, into our first home. Needless to say, this year has been a year of change and stepping out of my comfort zone. This blog will be no different. I truly don't remember a time in my life where I haven't looked at an object without pondering all the options that the object could be used for or made into. My parents provided me with lots of opportunities to explore my creativity through   4-H, Girl Scouts, youth group, Sunday School, etc. You name it, I joined it! As a result, my love of creating and crafting expanded to the point of obsession, and I tried my hand at any craft method I could find and buy materials for (some that were massive successes and others that were epic FAILS; either way, I had a BLAST trying). Currently, my craft geekery is represented primarily in handmade jewelry, as well as hair accessories; however, I can't pass up an inspirational craft idea I come up with or find online or in books. As a result, this blog is intended to be filled with crafts completed, works in progress, inspiration gained from others, musings (or borderline ramblings, as I tend to get REALLY easily excited!), and everything in between!
 

Silver fabric rosettes on a black headband



Felt owl hair clips



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!