Sunday, March 16, 2014

St. Patty's Day Mason Jar Glass


What is it about Mason jars that makes me feel as though I cannot ever have too many??? Gah, I absolutely love them and all of the possibilities they provide! Vases, lamps, light fixtures, home decor, salad storers, coffee makers (ok, that last one may have been a bit of an embellishment, but its only a matter of time before someone figures it out...) you name it, it can be made using a mason jar! I'm completely obsessed! In fact, I performed a literal happy dance in the middle of Hobby Lobby when I saw that they sold Daisy lid inserts. I have been eyeing them up online for months but was never willing to pay the ridiculous shipping prices, so you can imagine my craft nerd excitement... Anywho, here's how I transformed a Mason jar into a Gold Shamrock Drink Holder, perfect for upcoming St. Patty's Day festivities:

Materials:

-Mason jar
-Martha Stewart glass paint in gold metallic
-foam paintbrush
-contact paper
-scissors
-Mason jar daisy lid insert
-paper straw
Instructions:

1. Cut out a shamrock shape out of contact paper (I made a cardstock template first using the old four heart shapes connected and a stem trick from 3rd grade art class)

2. Remove adhesive backing from contact paper and place on Mason jar
3. Using a foam brush, paint the Mason jar entirely with glass paint (I ended up painting 3 coats total)
4. After paint dries completely, carefully peel off shamrock shape
5. Pour your favorite drink (preferably a green one), daisy insert and cute paper straw into Mason jar and enjoy!!!

Claire was a huge fan of our green lemonade, but these glasses could certainly feature any adult beverage to celebrate the occasion, as well!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!