Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Brown Bear Felt Story Props



One of my favorite children’s books is Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? For my sister’s children’s book-themed baby shower (her third shower of four, haha!), there was no doubt in my mind that the book I would be bringing would be this one, but I also knew that the teacher/psycho crafty side of me had to add a little more. As a result, I used various colors of felt and permanent markers to re-create and cut out the animals and people from the book, as well as a large piece of stiffened felt that I folded in half to use as baby’s “follow along” book. The idea is for baby (or toddler, as a baby’s fine motor skills probably wouldn’t manipulate these pieces so well) to place each animal in the appropriate area of the book/felt board as the book is being read.
I cannot wait until this little man is old enough (and hopefully attentive enough) to have Brown Bear read to him and "follow along" with his own version of the book!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!