Thursday, August 11, 2011

Initial Vase


Bridesmaid gift from my sister


This next set of props goes out to my little sister, Kyra (who, if I haven’t mentioned it a million times already, is expecting her first baby, a little boy, in September). For her wedding, she made each of her six bridesmaids vases in her wedding colors (purple and green) using glass blocks (which you can do a GILLION things with, by the way). She sponge-painted the outsides of each vase with a light purple, acrylic paint. After the paint dried, she then stenciled our respective first initials onto the vases in a darker purple, tied a green ribbon in a small bow on the bottom of the vase, and placed a lime green, gerber daisy into it. It is currently sitting on my night stand, and I intend to keep it around for a very long time to come. Thanks again, sissybabes!!!

The options for these things are limitless and they come in all shapes and sizes
 
Another view of the super cute vase

My sister, Kyra---looking adorable and ready to POP!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!