Saturday, August 20, 2011

Mason Jar and Candlestick Apothecary Jar


I find apothecary jars so appealing and want to have one (or ten!) of my own. Unfortunately, their prices…not so appealing! I found a picture online of an “apothecary jar” made out of a mason jar, a candlestick holder, and a glass door knob, and I immediately knew I had to try it. Using E6000 glue (an awesome craft glue I have recently discovered), I placed the glue around the rim of the candlestick holder ($1 at the Dollar Tree)  and glued it to the bottom of the mason jar ($1.50 at my local craft store). After I took the screw out of the glass doorknob ($2 at Michael’s), I glued it to the center of the mason jar lid and let both glued items dry overnight. After everything dried, I put it all together and Voila!!! The real challenge of this project turned out to be what I would put in them. I finally decided I would use it to store Q-tips on the window ledge of the bathroom. This may not be its permanent use, but it definitely works for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and getting your ideas, so bring 'em on!!!